So, I’m blog hopping. I’m actually getting a tummy workout from laughing so hard at one blog. Talk about nostalgic. I'm loving the references to Prince and Purple Rain. I’m starting to accept and take pride in the fact that I am a child of the late 80s. This is the part where you’ll do one of three things: smile and reminisce with me, laugh because I’m such a dork, or throw your hands up in despair because I’m such a dork. Here we go.
A Brief List of Things I Remember About the 80s
- Saturday morning cartoons
- Pen pals
- No cell phones
- No internet
- No call waiting
- Skating rink! Couples skate, couples only please, couples only.
- Big, permed hair, crimping irons, banana clips – I miss big hair. I always felt like I was accomplishing something with that stuff!
- Neon, slap bracelets, jellies
- Madonna, Prince, Mariah, the Electric Slide, Roxette, Wilson Philips, En Vogue, Lenny Kravitz, and DEF LEPPARD!,Oh yeah, and really awesome R&B music
- Tapes!!!! My “ipod” was a boom box and a massive case of tapes.
- MTV when it was really Music Television
- Dirty Dancing, 90210, Saved by the Bell, and for some reason, I always think of Die Hard. Go ‘head Bruce Willis, get down wit ya bad self.
- Nintendo (yes, I have experienced the brain numbing powers of video games)
- Lots of great friends and lots of time on the phone or visiting them (versus connecting via computer)
Yes, it’s fun to look back and laugh. Holla back 80s peeps! Now let’s move on.