Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a Week

It’s not over yet, but what a week. Lenny took some much needed vacation from work and has been off since last Friday. We spent last Friday through Monday visiting my grandmother, aunt & uncle, and three cousins at Myrtle Beach. A vacation trip masked as a visit to grandma? I think not.

We spent exactly one hour on the beach. We did play putt-putt, eat at a seafood buffet, and visit the outlets. However, the majority of our time was spent eating Granny’s home-cooking and just visiting with family. Oh how I have missed my Granny! Last time I saw my cousins, they were in high school. Now, the oldest has graduated from college, the next just started college, and the youngest just finished seventh grade, is almost 13 but looks 18, and is a whiz kid.

That was just our long weekend. Tuesday was our eighth anniversary. Simple, but incredibly sweet. We made the 7am PCC planning meeting, caught a rerun of Criminal Minds at home, worked a little, had lunch, caught a movie, had a late dinner and talked forever, and just enjoyed being together. We had a similar day today. Tomorrow, we might make a day trip to VA Beach.

My Lenny is the most important person in my life, my best friend. To spend so much time with him this week has been such a blessing. I’ll be baptized on Sunday. Lenny will stand with me as I publicly tell the world that Jesus is my Lord. Our lives have changed SO dramatically in the last year. And it’s all because of our precious God. My heart is swelling just thinking about it. WHAT A WEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment